Thursday, December 26, 2019

Day After Shopping

Shopping the Day After!


We don't shop on Black Friday anymore.  Well, let me qualify that...we don't shop at brick and mortar stores.  We did do a lot of shopping online from Black Friday until Christmas Eve.  It was fun to get all the boxes on our front porch at first but after awhile they just became a pain to check for rain damage and haul them inside.  We got to the point that we were not even opening them.  About a week before the big day we finally got them all opened, reordered damaged things and wrong sizes and put into piles to be wrapped for Christmas.  We added our in-store purchases at Kohl's, Macy's, Dollar Tree and Walmart and we worked in the loft at my Grandma's kitchen table that my Daddy refinished.  My daughters and I and sometimes my granddaughters wrapped all our presents in our pretty Christmastime in the City themed paper and curling ribbons along with matching tags.  Some days it was fun and some days we felt like we would never get done! 


However...we DO shop on the day after Christmas!  I choose 3 stores that i definitely want to get to as soon as they open.  This year my first choice was Marshall's at Washington Crown Center Mall.  Since we were there the day before Christmas right before closing I got to see all the goodies that would be half price the day after Christmas.  So we arrived there shortly after opening.  I grabbed all the goodies I wanted.  








We raced across town to Target in Washington next.  I bought gift wrap for my Christmas theme next year which is Christmas in Evergreen (LOL!), bows, curling ribbon, tags, ceramic house, two outdoor timers and who knows what else!  Ha!  We stopped at Eat n Park for lunch in Peters Township.  



We went to Target at South Hills after lunch and they didn't have a lot to pick from but it was fun with the girls!  Oh wait they did have my Chobani yogurt in flavors I've never seen before!  I stocked up!





Barnes and Noble was our next stop of the day.  We found quite a few books to look at and some new authors to keep in mind.  We ordered cookbooks from Martha Stewart and Paula Deen.

We forgot to stop at Starbucks to use our gift cards for a holiday drink.  We'll do that another day though.

Our last stop of the day was Market District.  We love walking around in this grocery store.  They have so many different items than our regular store.  We found some needed groceries and candy.  

It was a very busy day that ended with a great Hallmark movie snuggled on the couch in our jam-mays!

We had lots of laughs and good times being all together.  The grandchildren were so excited to help find the bargains.  I hope your shopping trips were as successful and enjoyable as ours were!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message! We would love to hear from our followers! Please let us know you stopped by!