Thursday, January 2, 2020

January 2...Time to choose our new paint colors!

Benjamin Moore's Colorize of Pittsburgh

This morning I got out my paint decks and books and looked over the colors one last time.  I have been checking out Benjamin Moore's Color Trends 2020 book.  The color of the year 2020 is First Light 2102-70, a refreshing alternative to white or beige.  I try to incorporate their color of the year some where in my house every year.  This year I will be using this color in my master bath.  I am so excited.  Pink is my favorite color!  Last year it was Metropolitan, a beautiful gray with green undertones.  I added this color in pillows and cute sayings for my kitchen.  My favorite is IN THIS KITCHEN WE DANCE.





It hangs above the sink on a window we salvaged after hurricane Ivan struck our home and took most of it down.  Having the window frame there reminds me of the weather related issues that we survived.  I thank God that we did not lose our photos or most of the things we treasured.  By the end of 2005 we had just installed new pipes for the bathrooms and they burst on Black Friday.  What else to do after cleaning up the second mess in a little over a year?  We painted the entire house including the addition we had been working on.  It was then that I discovered Benjamin Moore paint.  We use Regal Select which is their trusted premium brand that delivers dependable performance and is also washable!  I love that paint!  Since it is time to change all the beautiful colors I have had for the past five years or so, I have decided to go with a fresh palette.  You can view the new colors here.  I am certain you will choose one to freshen an area of your home or maybe even several to brighten your home for spring!  Check out their Facebook page here for decorating ideas.




Since we are installing the railings for our new staircase to the second floor (stained Old Masters American Walnut also available at Colorize of Pittsburgh), I decided to paint first.  It took no time at all to look at the new 2020 colors and realize that I have been needing a fresh look for my home.  I chose 2020 color Thunder AF-685 for my entry, staircase and upstairs hallway.  I have been wanting to change three walls of my living room to a light color because I have been cross stitching in that area while we watch our Hallmark movies.  The gorgeous Hale Navy HC-154 will remain on the fireplace wall and the rest of the walls will be painted Wish AF-680.  It is a dual purpose choice!  We are huge Disney fans and our favorite song is When You Wish Upon A Star.  The name has us singing our song of course!  It will brighten the living room and make my needlework so much easier.  We have so few days of sunshine in southwestern Pennsylvania.  I know this new color will brighten those cloudy days and our dreams will come true!  *smile*  Work has begun with the entry and staircase and hallway upstairs first...just a bit more patching and sanding with drywall compound from Lowes and let the painting begin!  I can't wait until it is done and hope to have photos to show by Monday!

The colors have been the same for my entry, dining room and Tennessee room for for close to ten years.  The color is Shelburne Buff HC-28.  Thunder is a totally different look.  I am so happy with the clean modern traditional look it will bring to the first floor of our home.  I am not certain of the color for the dining room but as it flows into the smaller family room area I am certain I will use Thunder in that area to remind me of my beloved mountains of Tennessee.  I will paint it after the entry to see if I can more easily choose for the dining room which is between the entry and Tennessee room.  I have been looking at the 2020 Colors booklet this morning and love the blues and greens they have chosen for this year's palette.  Since the Tennessee room has accents of Hale Navy in pillows and also a red and Shelburne Buff windowpane check sofa from Ethan Allen, I want to be sure the color I choose for the dining room blends there.  I have set aside my paint chips and books for another day.  I will choose the dining room paint last for the first floor.  In fact I think I will paint my master bathroom on the second floor next...after all this hard work I deserve a beautiful new color for my relaxing evening bath with a cup of tea and a good book!

Have fun looking at all Colorize of Pittsburgh has to offer!  You can pick up your paint chips and color booklets at any of their four stores.  The closest one to me is the Canonsburg store on Route 19.  Erin works there and will be happy to help you with any of your painting questions and help with color choices!  Be sure to click on the name to get to their website and check out the great sales and discounts!    









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message! We would love to hear from our followers! Please let us know you stopped by!