Sunday, November 24, 2019

All wrapped up in ribbon!

Ribbon obsessed!

I already have 4 Rubbermaid bins of Christmas ribbon but often I can not find just what I want for a Christmas tree.  My advice is if you think you might love a ribbon design well enough to want to use it to ribbon a 7 foot or taller tree or to ribbon all your outside wreaths and/or garland, definitely buy at least 3-4 10 yard (30 feet) rolls of 2 1/2 inch wide ribbon.  If you are following the theme idea that I use for the coordinating main decor, gift wrap and tablescape along with outdoor decor, then you will want enough ribbon for all of that plus your tree.  I usually choose two different ribbons that can mix and match.    


Trying to keep snow themes and reds together.

Mad for plaid!

An entire bin for elves and Grinch.

There are only three!  Who took my other bin?!!

Love browns for the hot cocoa station and the candy bar.  Also my master bedroom is painted Branchport Brown by Benjamin Moore and I use browns for decorating trees, wreaths, the bed and garland in that room.


Confession here...I have often purchased 12 rolls of the same ribbon because I was madly in love with it!  I am so obsessed that when I took a vacation to Lancaster, PA to visit the Amish I had to visit all the craft warehouses to buy ribbon.  That took 3/4 of the day.  We did also visit the York Markethouse for food and took some photos...BUT I just had to find ribbons!

Lots of ribbon online here and easier than looking everywhere for what you need!

Mardi Gras Outlet

Trendy Tree

Karaboo Ribbons

I will be putting up 23 trees this year.  I mean to say that I will be adding to that number-ha!  I am certainly behind this year.  Usually I have most of my trees up and dressed by now.  Thanks heavens I have two daughters and two granddaughters that will help me finish the trees.  The outside is done and I have been working on what I want for the tablescape.  I have almost two weeks to finish.  And then it will be time to wrap gifts on my gift wrapping station in the loft.  This is a treasured tradition.  My daughters helped my Mama wrap gifts in her game room every year.  She would set up a gift wrapping station and have cookies, candies and cocoa for the girls while they worked with her.  The boxes would be taped shut with a code name written on them so they could wrap with no anxiety from Mama that they might discover what gifts Santa would bring.  And in case you are wondering why Mama and her granddaughters would be wrapping for Santa, watch for a later post with the story I wrote about that!







1 comment:

  1. Ahhh.....ribbon! We are truly kindred spirits! I adore ribbon and to me it makes the tree! Your Christmas sister in SC

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message! We would love to hear from our followers! Please let us know you stopped by!