Saturday, November 30, 2019

Christmas in the Smokies

Our Smoky Mountain Christmas Tree


We love Tennessee and Pigeon Forge area especially.  We frequently travel to Pigeon Forge and stay at the Dolly Parton's DreamMore Resort.  Our many visits to this area over the years inspired me to create this beautiful tree.  I purchased a lot of the ornaments from Pigeon Forge area including many from The Incredible Christmas Place store there.  I have new ribbon for this tree this year, I decided to use two ribbons, one is red with black bears and the other is a flannel red and black plaid.  I just love how these ribbons tied together the feeling of being in the Smokies during the winter.  

 The tree hits the ceiling.  Not sure if I will do a tree topper...  

 The wooden sled was a gift from my husband to Lauren and I.  
He also made another for Karina.  They are beautiful and we love them!

 I love the bears which are from Dollywood mostly.  The lantern
adds more of the mountain touch that we all love.  Did you
know there are a lot of moose in Tennessee?  So, our Mr. Moose
is part of our Tennessee display each year.  This tree is sitting
by the red plaid love seat in the Tennessee room!  

 The black bear family from Tennessee!

 The plaid wrapped gift is from last year.  My husband John never opened it-ha!  
Guess who is having a re-gifted present this year?



 Love this blown glass truck with tree and also the car with a tree on top and especially the bear lantern! They were from Target.

 Tin ornaments are this year's addition and are from Lancaster, PA...Primitive's by Kathy.

 Another one of the many moose we have collected
and another tin ornament.

 This sign is also from Lancaster, PA. at the Flower and Home Marketplace and the fisherman is a reminder of my Daddy who loved to fish.  I bought it at Cracker Barrel.  I also bought one of each of these for my grandchildren who were fortunate to grow up being with my Daddy every day.  We miss him and my Mama, especially at this time of year, so very much.  Love you Daddy and Mama!

We hope you are enjoying our tree display this year.  At the end of our decorating sessions I will put all of these photos in one post to make it easy for you to pass on to friends or refer to for your own decorating!  Have a wonderful time today shopping Small Business Saturday!  

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tree!!! The ribbon is perfect! Ornaments are perfect! Another over the top tree for the Ruffing girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is so pretty. Glad for the close-ups to see them better. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message! We would love to hear from our followers! Please let us know you stopped by!